Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Rug

I've been trying to decide what kind of area rug I want for my Living Room.

I like the over-dyed rugs that I'm seeing a lot lately


via pinterest



via originals furniture

I really wanted some more yellow in the room so I looked at yellow over dyed rugs and found a cheap one on overstock.com
But then I read a review that said the yellow in person looked like pet stains, if you know what I mean. And since I have two dogs, I really don't want anything resembling that.
I still really like the rug in the picture but I just don't want to risk it. It comes in other colors and sizes, so I'm definitely keeping in mind for a different room in my house in the future.


The biggest challenge was finding a rug I like in my price range. Overstock in particular had a few other yellow ones that I liked, but were just too much money for me.


I seriously considered this one, but realized I didn't want anymore ikat.

So after more searching, I ended up on the Urban Outfitters website. 

I'm almost positive I've never shopped there in my life. I don't know why, because they have a bunch of cute stuff. 
That's where I found the "magical thinking bazaar rug" 

 

I love the color combo in this rug. Only problem, my coffee table is blue, and I definitely don't want it getting lost in the blues of the rug.
Luckily, the "magical thinking bazaar rug" comes in other colors.

The pink looks pretty but I still want some yellow...
Ask and you shall receive


Agua, Dark Pink, Brown, Orange and Yellow. 
SOLD!

I'm expecting it to arrive next week, so I have to go find a non-slip rug pad before then.

I hope everyone is having a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend. Just don't forget what the Holiday is really about



~Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment