Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Furntiure

 After three years of painting furniture for a living, it gets a little harder for me to be really excited about a piece. Don't get me wrong, I love each project I do, but they are often similar to something I've done in the past. So when I come up with something new, or take on a little different challenge, it's extra fun.

So what project am I referring to?
This chair.


BEFORE


AFTER


 This is the first chair that I've re-upholstered with a back. Until now I've only done seats. Good thing it worked out for me, because I had two of these. I would have made them match, but I was using fabric I had on hand, so the second one will have gray ikat fabric with a dark turquiose frame.

 chair and hand painted lamps are sold. 

Gray, 3 drawer dresser and little table are available.


And in other, out-of-my-comfort-zone news, I painted a hutch red for one of the owners of A Classy Flea. What's the big deal about that? I have never painted one of my own pieces red. I'm just not a big fan of it.


But I love it. I've had a change of heart about the color.


Some other recent projects:

Turquoise Dresser (sold)


Turquoise Side Table (sold)


And some fun gray chairs with chevron, burlap seats.
Set of 4 available.

LEFT =BEFORE                        RIGHT=AFTER
~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment