Monday, January 6, 2014

Queen Bed


Often I buy pieces to paint and by the time they get to my garage I lose inspiration, and there they sit. 
In time, inspiration hits me again (or I get low on inventory) and I unearth the piece from the saw dust, rags and paint cans that have accumulated on it.





That is exactly how painting this bed came about. I bought it in November and numerous pieces came and went while this poor girl waited patiently for her turn to shine. 
sidenote: as I tell this story, Reba's song "Fancy" is playing in my head




Look at fancy now.. hand painted light blue with light grey. Distressed and waxed.




 I picture it in a room full of neutrals, linen and maybe burlap.



Hopefully whoever buys it will send me a pic of it in it's new home. 
Customer pictures make me happy.




linking to:
http://missmustardseed.com/2014/01/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-link-party-19/


http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com/2014/01/mod-mix-monday-134.html

1 comment:

  1. Great job! You brought out Fancy's best features. She's lovely. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete