Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.. Boys Room Style.


Let me start by saying it is very rare for me to re-finish a piece of furniture that is not built of quality, real wood. But when a neighbor asked if I wanted this armoire before she threw it away, I really didn't want to see it go to waste, even if it isn't solid wood.



And since I knew I could use Amy Howard's one step paint on any surface, I thought I'd take it and have fun with it!




I painted it with "vintage affliction," "java," and "atelier" and used both light and dark wax for the finish


I cut up a couple yard sticks I had on hand and adhered them to one door. I then attached two metal numbers and added fun mismatched knobs to the drawers for more personality.






The top is distressed, so when it goes to a boys room, the distress he puts on it will look intentional ;)




The interior is green and has lots of room for storing clothes, books, games or toys.




If you're in the Marietta, Ga area it will be available at A Classy Flea tomorrow (Friday, Jan 3)


And here are a few ideas for items to go with it in a boys room...
known around here as  
STYLING MY OWN PAINTED FURNITURE


















linking to:

http://missmustardseed.com/2014/01/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-link-party-19/

2 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job with this. It's very creative and functional. Keep up the great work. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete