Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Kitchen Details

When I revealed my Kitchen yesterday I promised details, so here we go. 

Let's just start with my favorite GW find (that's Good Will not George Washington for you non addicts out there)



Aqua Dog bowls. Seriously. So me. Or so my dogs?  Where did they originally come from, I have no clue, but they are fantastic. Since I have two dogs I put their food in these and keep their mismatched water bowls hidden. 



The curtains are from IKEA. I don't think they still carry them, but don't quote me on that. 


The metal urn(?) came from a thrift store for a couple dollars and the blue vintage mason jar is full of silverware from my grandparents.

The wood shelf I painted aqua and lined with gray wood grain wrapping paper. I like personal touches in every room, so it became a good place for small framed photos.

This area is full of vintage and thrifty finds.


The vintage scale is from ETSY. You can find them in most antique shops as well but this one was in perfect condition (the pointer was intact when I bought it. It made it 60 years but broke after a week in my house.. go figure.)
The yellow metal basket is my newest addition. GW. 99cents. Another vintage mason jar (yard sale I think) and the tray has migrated through out my house. More about it here.



These mugs are the closest thing to a collection I've developed. 
There used to be a sign at my work that said "I drink coffee in the morning because I need it, and wine in the evening because I deserve it." Change the wine to beer and on many days it's perfect for me.



This bull hook is so fun to hang aprons on



This little dish caddy was for sale at my shop but it was there for several months without selling, so I brought it home. I didn't think I would like it so much but I do! It was black before I painted it.



Now back to painting furniture..I just finished a couple client pieces that I hope to share soon.




linking to:





1 comment:

  1. So So cute! I love your kitchen! And that scale!!!!!! I just got a rustic-y one at an antique store!

    Therena @ littlebitofpaint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete