Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dresser ReDo & (more) Stair Progress

Hey everyone!


Tonight I wanted to share a dresser I refinished a couple weeks ago.
I purchased it at a private estate sale where it had been used in a bathroom.

BEFORE

The old finish started coming off really easily so I knew I wanted to re stain the top.




Once the entire top was down to the bare wood I applied a pre-stain wood conditioner. I know not everyone does this, but I've found the stain comes out much more even.



I used ebony stain and a grayish blue for the bottom.

Initially I had purchased new knobs for the drawers but I didn't like how they looked on this particular dresser so I reused the original wood ones (I just painted them black and distressed them)


Here is how it looked the night before I brought it to "the flea"

AFTER

I put a special "take today" price on it and put it out on the sidewalk of "the flea" so it never made it into the building (yay!)
I later found out it was purchased by a local hair salon - how cool! I'm so glad it worked for them :)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On a different note - I refinished an old TV stand into a bench/shoe holder for our garage as apart of my "stair re-do."

I painted it grey and made a cushion covered in black and white chevron fabric for a seat. There is plenty of room for shoes and I love the drawer at the bottom for storing our dog's leash and reusable grocery bags. (sorry I don't have a "before"!)





Thanks for reading! (please "follow" the blog for more projects!)

~Kim

Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment