Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bombshell on a Budget


Attention all women! Well, women who's financial budget barely leaves room for a cup of coffee at the end of the week. If you're like me and often find yourself in a mental crisis, debating whether to fill up your gas tank or buy that new shade of lipstick [for the same price], I have your solution! And it involves getting both.

Let's back up quick. Prior to becoming a mother, my paychecks were spent as such: 80% beauty and fashion essentials (ummm....nailpolish and 15 pink tank tops were essentials), 15% gas and 5% savings. After becoming a mother: 99% baby and 1% mama.

Reality set in on July 24, 2012 (the day my son was born), when I realized that $30 pink lipstick was no longer a necessity and had now moved into the category of luxury. But even as a mama on a tight budget, I still wanted to look my best. So, today I present you with my latest finds that work just as great as the big names out there...because let's face it, there's no sense in looking good when your bank account is bone dry!

1. HAIR TREATMENT: Moroccanoil vs. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil 


As a girl with wild, curly, frizzy, blonde hair, nothing is more important than a serum to control the bird's nest. I was hooked on and in a fully committed and loyal relationship with Moroccanoil. This little bottle of heaven never let me down. And for a mere 4.2oz at $43, it truly was gold.  But we all know, all good things must come to an end. Knowing I could not spend this much on hair product any longer, I set out to find the next best replacement. And suddenly, there she was. Sitting on the shelf of CVS just waiting to be brought home and drizzled throughout my snarly, tangled mess of what was once smooth and tamed locks. Her name is Organix Penetrating Moroccan Argan Oil. At $5.99 for 3.3oz, this little bottle is all that and more. It has successfully replaced my old relationship with an even better one.

*Check out The Krazy Coupon Lady for a $2.00 coupon!

2. HAIR CONDITIONER: Moroccanoil vs. Suave Moroccan Argan Oil Infusion


Let me start here by saying I am not endorsed by any of the companies, but rather am just a realistic consumer. For years, I spent my hard earned money on countless bottles of top shelf hair conditioners...from Redken to Fekkai to Deva Curl to Paul Mitchell. Blah blah blah. If you look at the ingredients, they are all the same! When I finally admitted how preposterous this was, I pulled my head out of the conditioners you-know-what, and looked down at the bottom shelf. Who was I to be buying overpriced hair products when paying my bills was becoming nearly impossible? Well, much to my surprise, I found something that had me skipping out of the store and off to my shower. Voila! Goodbye $23 Moroccanoil conditioner (you did smell amazing though), hello $2.88 bottle of Suave conditioner! This stuff smells great and works wonders.

*Sign up at Suave for coupons and offers.



3. BB CREAM: Smashbox Camera Ready vs. Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew


Hello! My name is I Can't Leave My Skin Alone Because I Want to Demolish Every Little Blemish in Sight thus Leaving it Worse Than How it Started. It is a pleasure to meet you and your beautiful skin! If this is you, you are not alone. Well, you at least have me because this is my biggest, baddest habit...I cannot get away from the mirror! I actually find things that aren't there. How's that for talent? Needless to say, I stand firm against my awful addiction and have found my remedy that hides all of the evidence of last nights picking and probing. Behold the power of BB CREAM! BB stands for beauty balm aka the Great Bambino of beauty products. Now, before you go running to the department store for your fancy schmancy $39 bottle of Smashbox, you must explore Garnier's line of BB cream. Not only do they have $12 BB cream, but they have one for Oily/Combination skin, Normal skin (what is normal skin?!) and an anti-aging bottle. All bottles have an SPF and they even have light/medium and medium/dark shades. It applies smoothly and covers everything. Just apply it near a sink or carry wet wipes because it also covers your fingers. Try it now, thank me later.

I hope my frugal finds can benefit you or at least empower you to think beyond the box and try new things. Remember, don't judge a book by it's cover and keep an open mind. You never know what you may find. Happy trails!



No comments:

Post a Comment