Monday, December 9, 2013

Liebster Award




Just when I was thinking about how bad I need to work on the blog I received an email from Jodie and Paige from Sypsie Designs. They recently received a really cool award called the Liebster Award which is for smaller/new blogs that have yet to be discovered. As part of them receiving this award, they nominated other blogs, such as this one!!! So awesome, thank you ladies, this is just what we needed to get back into things!



How it works is fun and simple:

Award Rules

1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the questions from the nominator; list 10 random facts about yourself, and create 10 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Award to several other bloggers, who have blogs with 200 followers or less, whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on the blogs letting the owners know they have been chosen.
4. Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.


So to start - Our Answers to Jodie and Paige's questions:

1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
K- Initially it was a way to promote my business of painting furniture, which turned into an outlet for all my decorating, thrifiting, style and life thoughts as well


2. What is your greatest influence/inspiration for your posts? (Pinterest, a specific blog, family, random objects… anything!)
K- My greatest inspiration is my work. Whether it's a client project, merchandising at Casabella or new items at A Classy Flea, I love what I do so I love to share it!


3. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
K- A bird. I would be free, have the ability to create pretty music, have beautiful feathers and the obvious, have the ability to fly.


4. What is your favorite post you’ve completed to date?
K- Probably my first "styling my own painted furniture" post because it has become my favorite re-occurring theme


5. Your favorite store to shop at is…
K- The stores I work at have amazing things (Classy Flea and Casabella) but I'm a huge thrifter so I always go to Good Will. Also Anthropolgie, it inspires me.


6. If your life were a movie, what actress or actor would play your character?
K- I love Jennifer Lawrence, so if she wanted to go blonde it could work, ha!


7.  What is your top blogging goal for 2014?
K- Better Photography, hands down.


 8. What’s your favorite town/city in the world?
K- Based on the ones I've been to.. NYC is amazing.


9. What’s your favorite room in your house and why?
K- Probably my Living Room or Dining Room. They have some of my favorite furnishings.


10. If you were a fabric pattern, what would you be and why?
K- Stripes. Classic but can be bold and make a statement



And for the 10 random Facts:

1.
K- I'm a coffee addict, and I have no intention of changing that

2.
K- I love to be around funny people (Shannon is hilarious)

3.
K- I'd take a beer over any other alcoholic beverage.

4.
K- I've been a single mom for over a year, but I still feel weird referring to myself that way.

5.
K- I didn't start wearing make up or doing my hair until the end of high school. Yikes.

6.
K- I trust that Gods plans are always better than mine.

7.
K- I often get compliments for dressing my daughter like me, but it's never intentional!

8.
K-I'm the youngest of 4 and we're all 4yrs apart.

9.
K- I'm tall. 5' 9" I used to hate it! I don't anymore.

10.
K- I lived in Georgia for 8yrs but still refer to myself as a New Yorker



So the next step? - Our Nominees:

1. Giraffe Legs
2. Lets Drink Coffee Darling
3. Buttons and Paint


And 10 Questions for them:

1.Why do you blog?
2.What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
3.What have you learned from blogging?
4.How do you describe your style?
5.What inspires you?
6.Favorite Food?
7.Favorite place to go clothes shopping?
8.What is your favorite occasion to decorate for?
9.What are three items that are always in your purse? (money and phone don't count)
10. Where is your favorite vacation destination?


We're so glad we could be apart of this award process!!




No comments:

Post a Comment